Canadian Home Sales Edge Up
Ottawa, ON, November 15, 2017 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales posted a modest monthly increase in October but remain below levels recorded one year ago.
- National home sales rose 0.9 per cent from September to October.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 4.3 per cent below last October’s level.
- The number of newly listed homes edged back by 0.8 per cent from September to October.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 9.7 per cent year-over-year in October 2017.
- The national average sale price climbed by 5 per cent year-over-year in October.
Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems edged up 0.9 per cent in October 2017 on the heels of monthly increases in August and September, but remained almost 11 per cent below the record set in March.
Click here to read the full news release from CREA.